What are the characteristics of a good interim manager?
It has been confirmed that the most effective Interim Executives’ experience and skills include:
- Functional expertise which is highlighted by responsibilities held
- A demonstrable track record of outcomes achieved, and a range of roles previously undertaken
- Professionals with a focus on the business side of HR
- The ability to remain impartial and independent
- To be overqualified for the role, so no training is required and you are able to take the lead and advise the team
- Take on high level responsibility and be effective immediately
- Deliver against specific objectives
- Build relationships quickly and posses highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- To have credibility and gravitas
- Total commitment to the role to ensure the job is completed
- Flexible approach
Will I be suited for Interim work?
When considering becoming an Interim there are a number of considerations you should make, which include assessing your suitability to this type of work such as:
- Do I have functional expertise with demonstrable outcomes?
- Do I enjoy working in a flexible manner whereby the role could finish before or after the expected timescale?
- Am I able to take on high level responsibility and be effective immediately?
- Am I able to integrate into a team quickly?
- Am I capable of adapting quickly to different cultures, sectors and organisations?
- How long can I survive if I have a period of no consistent work?
This is not a career for candidates who require financial stability or have unfulfilled permanent career ambitions.
How does Interim Alliance select their Interim Executives?
Interim Alliance seeks individuals who are able to meet the specific needs of their clients, looking at functional expertise coupled with an interpersonal and cultural fit.
Each assignment is significantly different, and to ensure we offer the best interim talent available, we proactively seek Interim Executives that meet the specific requirements. We will select Interim Executives using a variety of methods including our network, database and advertising.
Once you have registered with us as an individual, we will assess your skills and then, if we feel your skills match that of our clients organise an interview to meet us. We will then discover your personal requirements and goals in more detail.